CCCC Referral Policy
Community Connection for Child Care (CCCC) staff encourages and supports family choice in the selection of child care services. We believe that all children have the right to adequate and safe care, and that is the right and responsibility of families to determine their child’s needs. It is the responsibility of CCCC to provide accurate information on available child care services in Kern County.
It is our policy to:
- Make referrals (not recommendations) to families seeking child care, this is our principle function.
- Provide referral services free of charge.
- Support and encourage family choice in the selection of child care services.
- Refer to licensed child care centers, licensed family child care homes, and license exempt child care centers in Kern County.
- Refer four or more services at any one time, except in such cases when this is not possible or practical.
- Retain as confidential, information received from families in the course of the inquiry.
- Inform families of their right to examine the licensing records of child care providers and encourage them to call Community Care Licensing (CCL) to do so.
- Assist any individual or group regardless of race, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, or disability.
- Provide families with information on services for children with special needs.
- If Community Care Licensing informs the R&R that a provider is under investigation, referrals to that provider will be temporarily suspended pending the outcome of the investigation.
- Referrals will not be made to child care providers whose license is probationary, temporarily suspended (TSO) or revoked.
In the event that complaints about a provider arise, CCCC will encourage families to contact Community Care Licensing to make an official complaint. CCCC is not the licensing agency and therefore is not responsible for initiating or effecting corrective action.
Persons registering complaints will be referred to the following office:
Community Care Licensing ……………559-243-4588
Fresno District Office
770 East Shaw Avenue, Suite 330; Fresno, CA 93710